- Use of our website
- Ordering / Delivery of products
- Fees & Charges
- Payment methods
- Damaged products and returns
Use of our Website
In using our Website you must not:
- Distribute any part of our Website other than as intended or as agreed by us in writing.
- Alter the Website; interfere with its workings other than as intended or as agreed by us in writing. This includes removing anything from it, adding anything to it, linking it to or from another Website.
- Access third party submissions or other content on our Website other than as expressly authorized by us and by way of the web pages provided by us.
- use the Website or include, list, upload, post or transmit any information or material in any manner or for any purpose that is illegal, unlawful, breaches the privacy or Intellectual Property Rights of another, is offensive, defamatory, deceptive, deceitful, misleading, inaccurate, fraudulent, obscene, indecent, offensive, vulgar, harmful, advocating violence, threatening, abusive, harassing, or violates any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulations, or which is prohibited by these Terms and Conditions.
- use or launch any automated system including (without limitation) any offline readers, spiders or robots that access our Website in a way that:
(a) Sends a larger number of request messages to our servers or to other users of our Website than can reasonably be produced by a human in the same period using a conventional on-line web browser.
(b) Sends spam to any other user.
(c) Annoys or harasses any other user.
(d) Collect or harvest any personally identifiable information.
(e) Store, permanently download or redistribute content from our Website other than as intended or as agreed by us in writing.
(f) Circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Website or features that prevent, limit or restrict use or copying of any content from our Website.
(g) Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Website.
(h) Transfer the materials to another person or 'mirror' the materials on any other server.
(i) Use any data listed on the site for commercial purposes e.g. through price or information scraping.
We are entitled to use, remove, alter and monitor content on the Website
- We are entitled without notice, but are not obliged to:
- Use, alter, update and monitor the content of the Website, at any time and at our sole discretion.
- Remove from the Website any content that is in our opinion and sole discretion unacceptable.
Parts of our Website may require you to provide us with personal information.
(a) In order to take advantage of any promotions and order any products on our Website, you will need to provide certain information. When entering information on our Website, you must provide accurate, current and comprehensive information.
(b) To submit personal information on our website you must be at least 18yrs years of age. If you are aged less than 18, your parent or guardian must accept full responsibility for the terms, conditions, obligations and warranties set out in these Terms and Conditions and/or any Additional Terms and Conditions.
(a) If you use our Website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
(b) DSS reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders.
Placing an order for Products
(a) You may order products by selecting and submitting your order through the Website in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
(b) Any order placed through this Website for a product is an offer by you agreeing to purchase the particular product for the price displayed (including the delivery and other charges and taxes) at the time you place the order.
(c) We may ask you to provide additional details or require you to confirm your details to enable us to process any orders placed through the Website.
Acceptance or rejection of an order
(a) In certain circumstances, we may need to reject or cancel your order if the product is not available or if there is an error in the price or product description posted on the Website If this occurs you will be contacted by our staff.
(b) Each order placed for products through the Website that we accept results in a separate binding agreement between you and us for the supply of those products. For each order accepted by us, we will:
- Supply the products in that order to you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; and
- Send you an email confirmation of that order – though with the nature of the internet we cannot guarantee receipt. Please add the DSS email address in your contact address book to ensure emails are not sent to SPAM or blocked by your fire wall.
- If we reject an order placed through the Website, then we will endeavor to notify you of that rejection at the time you place the order or within a reasonable time after you submit your order.
Delivery of products
(a) We only deliver to addresses within Australia.
(b) You agree to comply with certain delivery requirements specified below and such other requirements that we notify you when you place your order through the Website.
(c) We also recommend that you be present to accept the delivery of your order if you have paid by credit card.
(d) We may require the person accepting the delivery of your order to provide us with proof of that person’s identity (including photographic identification) and, where relevant, age. If the order has been paid by credit card, then we may also ask you to show us the credit card for us to conduct our verification checks.
(e) If there is no one or no appropriate person (for example, above 18 years old) at the delivery address to receive the order or, if you are required to be present at the time of delivery and you are not present at that time, then we will not deliver the products you have ordered. In this instance, we will endeavor to contact you or you may contact us to arrange for delivery at a different time, and we may charge you an additional delivery fee for that replacement delivery.
(f) You acknowledge and agree that any person at the delivery address who receives the products is authorized by you to receive your order.
Fees and charges
(a) You will need to have agreed to the, the purchase price of each product that is ordered and the delivery fee for your order, we will notify to you when you place your order and any other fees and charges notified at the time of purchase.
(b) All fees and charges identified in these terms and conditions and all prices for the products include GST where applicable.
You may pay the fees and charges for an accepted order using the following payment methods:
(D) Debit cards displaying a Visa or MasterCard logo; and
- If we are unable to successfully process your debit card or credit card, payment for your order that is accepted by us, then we may cancel your order.
- If you choose to pay by credit card, you authorize us to debit the amount that is payable for an accepted order from your nominated credit card.
- You must not pay, or attempt to pay, for products through any fraudulent or unlawful means.
- We will provide you with a receipt at time of delivery which specifies the total fees and charges for the products in the order.
Damaged products and returns
(a) Once you open a parcel or item from its packaging, it cannot be refused at the point of delivery. If you suspect that a product is damaged on delivery, then you should refuse to take receipt of that product and notify us. If you notice damage to a product after delivery, you should notify us within 7 days of delivery and return that product in accordance with the Returns Policy.
Risk of loss
The risk and title to a product passes to you on the date and time of delivery to the delivery address.
DSS attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, to the extent permitted by law, DSS does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
- We own our trade marks. We do not give permission for their reproduction or publication, except to the extent allowed by this limited license.
- You acknowledge that all marks that appear throughout the Website belong to us or the respective owners of those marks and are protected by domestic and international trade mark and copyright laws. Any use of any of the marks without the express written consent of us or the owner of the mark (as applicable) is prohibited.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
- For future orders, these Terms and Conditions may change and so we recommend that you read these Terms and Conditions carefully each time you agree to them during the ordering process.
- We will not change any Terms and Conditions for an existing order that has been accepted by us, the Terms and Conditions that will apply to the order are the Terms and Conditions that applied at the time you place your order. Subject to this clause, we reserve the right to vary these Terms and Conditions if necessary.
Refund or Credit:
Where a warranty claim is granted, the refund will include delivery back of the goods. Delivery back to DSS will be at the purchaser’s cost. No refund or replacement will be granted until we have received the goods from you and the goods have been approved for refund.
Where a replacement claim under warranty is granted, the replacement will be delivered to you at DSS’s expense after we have received the returned goods.
DSS Returns Policy
Not wanted or wrong item:
Please choose carefully as DSS does not accept return of goods because you change your mind or make the wrong decision about a product. If a return is granted by DSS goods returned will incur a handling charge.
Australian Consumer Law:
DSS’s goods come with consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law which cannot be excluded. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Proof of Purchase:
All goods submitted for assessment must be accompanied by proof of purchase either by providing a receipt or other proof of transaction.
Your rights to a remedy under the Australian Consumer Law are not limited by a defined time. However, the Australian Consumer Law recognises that the relevant time period can vary from product to product, depending on factors such as the nature of the product and the price. As you can appreciate, the type of remedy we can offer you may also vary depending on how long it takes you to return the product to us.
Assessment of Goods for Return:
DSS reserves the right to assess the eligibility of goods for return (including the condition and age of goods) BEFORE accepting them as returned.
All goods submitted for assessment must be unmarked and complete with instruction books and accessories (such as remotes, controllers, power cords, batteries, battery chargers, connectivity cables and any other out of box accessories supplied as part of the purchase.
Please note it may be necessary for the manufacturer of the goods to inspect the goods in order to assess eligibility for return. DSS will endeavor to procure such assessment within a reasonable time.
While goods are being assessed, DSS will not be deemed to have accepted the goods for return.
When Goods will be accepted for return:
DSS will accept goods for return only after assessment as set out above, where the goods:
1. Fail to meet a consumer guarantee under the Act; or
2. are subject to any express warranty given by:
(a) DSS; or
(b) The manufacturer of the goods,
and the goods are returned within the time nominated in that warranty.
What happens when goods are accepted for return?
Subject to any obligation of DSS at law to the contrary, when DSS accepts goods for return:
1. for a failure to comply with a consumer guarantee, DSS may either:
(a) have the goods repaired or replaced within a reasonable time; or
(b) provide a refund of the amount paid for the goods;
If goods are accepted for repair, DSS will undertake such repairs within a reasonable time. All repairs will be undertaken as prescribed under the Act.
Goods not accepted for return:
Special ordered items cannot be returned and may require a deposit upon ordering.
Prescribed information regarding repair of goods:
Goods returned for repair which are capable of retaining “user-generated data” as defined under the Act, may as a result of the repair, be subject to loss of data.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair goods.
This returns policy will not affect your statutory rights including those under the Act. To the extent of any inconsistency between this policy and your statutory rights under the Act, your statutory rights under the Act will take precedence.
Items bought from other suppliers.
Items in which we carry bought from other suppliers will incur a 10% labor surcharge upon installation. It is at DSS’s discretion to apply this surcharge when necessary.